Sunday, March 16, 2014

It has begun

Hello everyone,
This is Mosno Al-Moseeki, singer/songwriter, tech enthusiast, and a Vegan virgin :)
I'm embarking on a new journey and I'm pretty excited about it, I have taken the 6 Week Vegan Pledge via the wonderful people of The Vegan Living Program.
Every Saturday we would all meet up at the Mobtown Ballroom, and they teach us something new (its open to the public so feel free to join us if your in the Baltimore area)

This blog is basically my public documentation of my journey, it will not only be me, I have other artist friends who will be contributing to the blog with their experience and/or advice :)

Yesterday was a lot of food demonstrations, and food testing, which was pretty awesome. I have learned some very interesting things, which will come in VERY handy.

First thing I learned is that there are different kinds of Tofu, or more correctly, different "textures". They range from Soft to Extra Firm. And that freezing them before using them helps even more with the texture.
Being the sweet tooth that I am I picked up on the fact that "Soft Tofu" can be used to make deserts! YESS!!! so I can't wait to find out what I will find when I jump into that sweet sweet rabbit whole.

Second thing I learned is Seitan, pronounced (Say-Ton). This, will most likely be my best friend.
It is wheat based protein source, so its not gluten free, sorry my GF friends. But the texture is freakin amazing. it has a more "meaty" texture then Tofu, & I already had a couple of different dishes with it yesterday, and I'm totally in love with it :)

Here is where my BIG challenge comes.
I don't cook, eeeek!
So in the beginning, I will most likely be doing a lot of "assembly" type foods, but I will eventually be brave enough to use the oven.
Wish me luck :)

What ever journey your embarking on, I wish you luck
Come visit the blog every week to see what new Vegan Adventures I will embark on :D
See you again soon
Much Love
Mosno



No comments:

Post a Comment