Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 3 : Journal

Mosno here,
I just wanted to share what was in my head, today is my 3rd day as Vegan, and the reality of the change is starting to settle in a bit. I woke up today for work, got dressed, and then thought "oh crap, I don't have lunch to take to work with me today" *sad trumpet sound*. I do have tofu & seiton, but they are in the freezer, which doesn't do me any good at this point.

Never the less, by the power of Vegan, I had found a solution.
First thing I did was pack a snack to take to work with me, the snacks are:
A couple of Apple Cinnamon rice cakes
A hand full of dates
An apple
I had bought all 3 from my local giant yesterday on my 1st Vegan shooping adventure.

There is tea at work, so I'll just snack and have tea for the next few hours until I get home. Luckily I also bought some ready made soups by Wolfgang, one is a potato soup and the other lentils I believe. Also from Giant.
At least that way when I get home I would be able to heat up a meal in a few mintues.

This is an adjustment for sure, but as demonstrated,  there are quick ways to make it work, until I get a handle on the cooking aspect of things.

I must confess,  I am a little worried about that side of things, I'm not a "cooker", and have NO idea how to make "portions" to last me for more than a couple of days :)
I'll be making a lot of phone calls the first few weeks for sure.

I think we should orgnize a Cook Out, in which people like myself would get together with people who know what their doing, we would all get ingredients and recipes for a meal we want to make and do a hands on cooking then we all sit together and enjoy the food we just learned to make.
I think that would be beneficial to those who also know how to cook, but aren't familiar with Vegan recipes.

What do you think peeps?

I hope my Baltimore folks are dry & warm on this Snow Day :)
Blog you soon
Much Love
Mosno

No comments:

Post a Comment