Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 5 + Energy : Journal

Hey there, Mosno here,
I've very proud to say that I am 5 week Vegan Strong, the journey thus far has been amazing. Yesterday we got to visit Popular Animal Sanctuary in Poolsville, MD. Very nice people, and very sweet animals. They provide us with the history of each animal, and they each have their own "space" to happily run around and be merry.
The kind people of Enlightened Bellies brought us some Vegan sandwiches,  our buddy Kyle brought some of his awesome cheesecakes,  it was a good way to end a delightful afternoon of visiting happy animals, and connecting with fellow Vegan peeps.

I was speaking with my coach Ben, and he asked me "How I was doing?", and I said "I'm freaking out, because I now have so much energy", and its true. I'm no doctor, but here is what I think is happening. Since the food that I am eating is mostly fruit & vegetables,  my body is able to break it down and digest it easier. Since my diet no longer has meat and its chemicals,  then I am no longer feeling tired and bloated after my meals. There for, I now have complete access to the energy, and that is a great thing.

I have to say, living in Baltimore, or any city, has its advantages.  I can go into any of my favorite restaurants, and I WILL find something Vegan to eat on their menu, even if its accidentally Vegan :)

I feel healthier, lighter, and better. Also knowing that I'm helping the planet, and our fellow animals, is a pretty cool thing too :)
Next week is graduation of the VLP program, I can't wait.

Enjoy your weekend everyone.
I'll Blog You Later
Mosno

No comments:

Post a Comment