Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Breakfast Conversation : Journal

Hey everyone, Mosno here,
 Last weekend I visited my family, and informed them that I am now a Vegan. It was hilarious, and I got asked a LOT of questions. But one question my Mom asked me was "What do you have for breakfast?", many things were suggested, including Oatmeal, Peanut Butter sandwiches, and cereal.
I never really thought much about it, because I'm not a "breakfast" kind of person. Of course I was brought up with the "knowledge" that Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I was also taught that Milk does a body good. I'm learning that NOT everything I've been told has been quite true.

Today however, I woke up, and was a bit hungry, so I wanted "breakfast". In the morning, I'm a very light eater, so I needed to find something light & delicious to go with my morning tea. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised at my quick vegan breakfast options at the Giant food store.

I found crunchy granola & seed bars with chocolate chip chia from "Kashi", which are totally Vegan. I read the ingredient AND used the "Is It Vegan" app, and it said "DEFINITELY Vegan". Brilliant.
I know they have other products that contain milk & honey, but I was very happy to find a sweet vegan option. Woho. I'm now having that with my spiced chai tea, with a little bit of vanilla coconut milk.

This is one aspect of Veganism no one told me about, the sheer joy when you unexpectedly find Vegan options for what ever it is you want! it really does brighten your day :)

Have a lovely rest of your day.
I'll blog you later.

Much Love
Mosno


No comments:

Post a Comment