Monday, May 5, 2014

Potato Dish. Mosno Style :)

Hey everyone, Mosno here,
 I have to say, I'm really enjoying this vegan culinary experience I'm having, this past weekend I put together a little potato dish, and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it. The dish is made up of 3 different layers, so here we go.

LAYER 1: The Potatos
-Put potatos in a pot of water
-I let mine boil for about an hour to get them nice and soft.

LAYER 2: The Sauce
-One large tea spoon of Peanut Butter in a bowl
-Add water (bit by bit) and stir, until the peanut butter has a more liquid/sauce texture
-Add your spices to it (I put lemon juice, soy sauce, salt, & garlic powder)
-Stir some more

LAYER 2: The Crunch
-One large or medium Mediterranean / Pita bread
-Cut up dates and place on the bread
-Put that in to a toaster over, and toast until the bread hardens (and the dates become roasted)
-Leave it in the toaster over to cool, this will help harden the dates a little bit

Now the assembly
-Cut up the cooked potatoes and place in a large bowl
-After every few potatoes add the peanut sauce and stir
Do this until all the potatoes are cut up and all the peanut sauce is used up
-Stir generously
-Take out the toasted bread with dates
-Put the dates into the bowl with the potatoes and stir
-Break up the harden bread and use on the side like chips
-Make a cup of tea and enjoy your meal

I've had this dish hot and cold, tasted Delicious either way.
Let me know if you have any improvements on it :)

I'll blog you later.
Much Love

Mosno

No comments:

Post a Comment